The following must be provided:
- If the decedent has a will, it must be filed with the Clerk of the Circuit Court within ten days of the notice of death.
- An itemized, paid funeral bill.
- Paid receipts for any medical expenses incurred 60 days prior to death.
- Certified Death certificate.
- A statement regarding the type of asset to be released.
- Identification of the person filing.
- Any necessary waivers and consents (This would be a document stating that any and all other brothers or sisters did not assist in paying the bills or if they did they waive their right to any monies recovered.)
- Filing fee as set by Florida Statute.