I would like a copy of my adoption case. Is this possible?

Adoptions and Dependencies are protected cases, and thus are not open for public inspection. If you are an adoptee, with proper identification, you may obtain a copy of your final judgment. With proper identification, your adoptive parents and attorney(s) of record may obtain copies of all documents filed in your adoption file. Biological parents must obtain a court order for access to adoption files.

Show All Answers

1. Can you assist me with the legal aspects of my Domestic Relations case?
2. If I am disabled, and it is necessary for me to appear in court, whom should I contact to accommodate my special needs?
3. I am ready to file my case in the Domestic Relations Division, but need someone to witness or notarize my signature. Can you do this?
4. I have an order from another state, but would like to have it recognized here in Florida for the purpose of enforcement. Is another state’s order enforceable here?
5. I have a dissolution case that was filed in Martin County and finalized in 1992. Can I get copies from my file?
6. I would like a copy of my adoption case. Is this possible?
7. How do I go about setting a court hearing in my Domestic Relations case?