Important Information for Our Valued Passport Customers
Passport Services are available at our Main Office in Stuart and Hobe Sound Branch by appointment only by calling 772-288-5553.
Please check the US Department of State website for up to date information on Passport Processing times and tracking information.
Important U.S. Department of State Passport Services Travel Advisory Re: COVID-19 Testing Requirement for U.S. Entry
Effective January 26, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will require all air passengers two years of age and over entering the United States (including U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents) to present a negative COVID-19 test, taken within three calendar days of departure, or proof of recovery from the virus within the last 90 days. Airlines must confirm the negative test result or proof of recent recovery for all passengers prior to boarding. Airlines must deny boarding of passengers who do not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery.
See more Travel Advisory Information (PDF).
Passport applications are accepted in the Official Records Division at:
100 SE Ocean Boulevard
First Floor of the Constitutional Building
Stuart, FL 34994
and in our Hobe Sound office located at:
11730 SE Federal Highway
Hobe Sound, FL 33455
Visit the Martin County Clerk and Comptroller for your Passport Photo!
Please see the Passport Photo Flyer (PDF).
Please read the application carefully and/or visit the U.S. Department of State Website for your specific circumstances.
- Application (DS-11): Please use black ink and do not sign the application until requested to do so by clerk
- Fees (A portion of the fee must be a check or money order - Please see the fee sections for appropriate fees)
- A Passport Photo (2 by 2 inches; plain white background - can be taken at our Stuart or Hobe Sound offices for a $15 fee)
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship- Certified Birth Certificate and/or Expired Passport or Certificate of Naturalization *Birth Certificates for all applicants, regardless of age, must include the parent(s) name.
- Children who have a previously issued passport must submit both the passport and Birth Certificate.
- Valid Drivers License, Military ID, or other government-issued ID
- All applicants (including children) must be present when applying for a passport.
- Children under 16 must have the consent of both parents - Please ask the clerk for parental consent options, if necessary.
$35 cash or check payable to "Clerk of the Circuit Court" for the processing fee of each passport application. This is in addition to the fees listed.
Please allow up to 8-11 weeks for processing of routine fee passports.
Passport Book Fee
- Adult (age 16 and older)
- $130 Check or Money order only - made payable to "US DEPT OF STATE"
- Child (Under age 16) - (Both parents-or proper consent- and child must be present)
- $100 Check or Money order only - made payable to "US DEPT OF STATE"
Passport Card Fee: Land & Sea Travel Only
- Adult (age 16 and older)
- $30 Check or Money order only - made payable to "US DEPT OF STATE"
- Child - (Under age 16) - (Both parents-or proper consent- and child must be present)
- $15 Check or Money order only - made payable to "US DEPT OF STATE"
- Expedite processing - $60 additional fee per applicant (Please allow up to 5-7 weeks for processing of expedite fee passports)
- 1 to 2 day return delivery - $18.32 additional fee per applicant. (This service not available for Passport Cards)
- File search fee - $150
Passport Renewal Applications (Form DS-82) are processed and mailed directly from the applicant to the U.S. Passport office. Passport renewals can be completed by mail if:
- Applicant holds a valid, undamaged passport that is not more than 5 years past the date of expiration and not more than 15 years since being issued.
- Applicant was at least 16 years of age when passport was issued.
- This office will review renewal applications for accuracy, upon request, at no charge to the customer. Please contact this office at 772-288-5553 for additional information relating to the renewal of an existing passport.