Are we holding your unclaimed money? Did you lose or forget to cash a check from us? Did you forget to tell us you changed your address?
Unclaimed checks are those that are at least one year old and have not been cashed by the recipient.
- Claims may be mailed to or filed in person at the Clerk and Comptroller's Division of Financial Services during regular business hours.
- Claimants must bring a government issued identification such as a driver license or state ID card.
- The unclaimed check claim form must be completed and notarized for mailed claims. Businesses must submit the claim form on their business letterhead and the taxpayer identification number must be listed on the form.
Please note: claims to the Clerk must be filed within certain time limits and these limits are governed by Florida Statutes. Some funds may be claimed after this time limit, but such claims will not be handled by the Clerk. Please see the applicable statute reference listed by each check type for further details. This list is updated quarterly.
Twice a year, the Clerk's office publishes a list of people or businesses that have unclaimed money held by our office.
In August, a list of unclaimed funds is issued for court-related activities. In February, a list of unclaimed funds is posted that includes funds issued in the course of county-related and other non-court activities.
Please see Florida Statutes Online and review Sections 717.113, 717.117 and 116.21, regarding unclaimed property.
Clerk of the Circuit Court (Court-Related)
Review the current list at Unclaimed Court-Related Funds (PDF) to see if you have money to collect.
Clerk as County Comptroller, Board of County Commissioners & Non-Court Related Clerk Activities
Review the current list at Unclaimed Non-Court-Related Funds (PDF) to see if you have money to collect.
How to Claim Your Funds
- Review Unclaimed Court-Related Funds (PDF) and Unclaimed Non-Court-Related Funds (PDF) to see if you have money to collect.
- If your name is on the list, please print out and complete the Unclaimed Funds Affidavit (PDF).
- Mail completed, notarized form including copy of a valid photo ID, proof of address, and notarized signature to the:
Martin County Clerk of the Circuit Court
Division of Financial Services
P.O. Box 9016
Stuart, FL 34995-9016