The Special Services Division is located on the First Floor of the Martin County Courthouse and Constitutional Offices at 100 E Ocean Boulevard, Stuart.
The Office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court handles the filing and processing of Civil Injunctions for Protection; Involuntary Examination Petitions (Baker Act); Involuntary Assessment and Stabilization Petitions (Marchman Act); and Risk Protection Orders.
If an emergency injunction is needed after normal business hours and you have safe transportation, please go to:
Stuart Police Department
830 SE Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard
Stuart, FL 34994
Non-Emergency Number: 772-287-1122
Domestic Violence, Repeat Violence, Dating Violence, Sexual Violence & Stalking Violence
Deputy Clerks assist petitioners with the following:
- Filing for Injunctions for Protection Against Domestic Violence, Protection Against Repeat Violence, Protection Against Dating Violence, Protection Against Sexual Violence, or Protection Against Stalking.
- Providing a private room and computer access to immediately complete free and easy to use forms.
- Providing simplified forms and instructions for completion and filing from home or another location.
- Assisting in filing Affidavits describing a violation of an injunction.
- Providing the Petitioner (the person filing) with two certified copies of the Injunction entered by the Court, one of which is serviceable.
Free Online Forms & Court Information
- Risk Protection Orders (RPOs): Related forms and additional information is available at no cost at Florida Courts. Please note that individuals cannot file these cases; these cases are restricted to law enforcement officials to file. Contact the Martin County Sheriff's Office or your local police department with concerns or call 911 for emergencies.
- Domestic, Dating, Repeat and Sexual Violence, and Stalking: Fill out and print your forms at no cost using TurboCourt, along with a Sheriff Information Sheet (PDF). Forms are also available online.
Due to COVID-19, AOSC 20-23 suspends the requirement that Florida Family Law Forms be notarized or signed in the presence of a deputy clerk, therefore, please include the following statement before your signature:
Under penalties of perjury, I declare that I have read this document and the facts stated in it are true.
Florida Injunctions for Protection
View the Florida Injunctions for Protection overview video provided by the Office of State Court Administration.
If you are facing an emergency situation, please call 911 immediately.
Community Resource Contacts
- 2-1-1 Helpline for Community Resources
- Abuse Hotline
- Cleveland Clinic Martin Health (Hospital)
- Coral Shores Behavioral Health
- Florida Bar Referral
- Florida Rural Legal Services
- Martin County Sheriff's Office (Booking)
- New Horizons Treasure Coast (Mental Health Services)
- SafeSpace Shelter (Martin County)
- Statewide Domestic Violence Hotline
- Stuart Police Department